Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Broken Family

I’m hoping that we are all finished breaking ourselves! Last week Bruce re-injured his back saving Bobby from falling down the stairs. Bobby apparently had attempted to dive down the stairs, and Bruce went through several motions that would make any contemporary dancer jealous. Since he’s no spring chicken, this caused his back to go out of alignment.

William decided that he hadn’t caused too much chaos lately, so he hurt his foot. He had followed Bruce to the door and attempted to close it. When Bruce tried to stop him from crushing his fingers in the door, Will got angry and swung the door open catching the top of his left foot. It was a minor bloody that got two days of band-aids and anti-bacterial cream.

Bobby followed up two days later. He was walking along, tripped, and bit quite a little gash in the middle of his little tongue. It bled a short while but fairly quickly stopped. I called the doctor worried about infection. She told me to give him something cold and then give him Tylenol, which I had already done. It was just enough to make me feel ill.

Not to be outdone by his brothers, Evan tripped today and smashed his head on the toy box. It was very close to being a gash instead of a small bump and scrape. If it had, then we would have been in the hospital.

All are doing fine now. Of course, it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t do something, too. So, tonight while looking for my cell phone under the couch, I cut my hand on a piece of metal under the couch. It took a bit to try to act as if I had no cut, but I managed. Evan kept looking at the band-aid and saying, “boo.” I told him that Mommy had a boo boo just like him. He gave me a hug.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hi, Dana! Wow on all the injuries!! Wait till the boys decide to attack each other - I'm going through that one - yikes! Glad to see you and the boys are doing great!

11:54 PM  
Blogger ilyse said...

Oh no! I guess with 3 boys all that is bound to happen, I guess it is just hard when it is right in a row.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Sorry to hear about all the injuries going on, but I can imagine hectic is your middle name!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home