Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Proud Day

It was a good day all around! They woke up in good moods, played together nicely before Thomas and breakfast, watched Thomas, ate most of their breakfast, played on the porch, took a bath and just before 10 took a nap. That gave me enough time to eat a little something, take a shower and put together an outfit for our day out. I felt new! I hardly get a chance to do one of those things, never mind all three! Woo Hoo!

I woke Bruce and the boys at 11:15. I was a little worried about being late for our brunch with friends from the gym at noon. Actually, I was a little worried about brunch. The boys are generally very good, but toddlers can be so unpredictable. They looked too cute in their khaki pants (compliments of Na Na and Pop) and green shirts with yellow pineapples (compliments of their “Aunt” Tina). We actually made it at exactly noon.

I was very excited. Not only did I have a chance to see everyone, but we were having brunch at the officer’s club where my high school held all its special events and where I led in the color guard the night they held a dinner in honor of the Battleship New Jersey’s retirement. I had warm and fuzzies.

The boys were very good. Bobby and Evan ate pretty well, and while Will didn’t eat that well, he was pretty decent in his behavior. He also said a new word, “cut.” We all had a chance to eat and socialize, and the boys loved the attention. We were there for two hours! I was thrilled when an older woman came over to where my mother and I were standing with one of the boys and complimented their behavior. I thanked her. Later, as I was getting our van, another woman in her party made the same comment. Bruce and I were very proud and told the boys so.

After brunch, we took the boys to Costco to buy our weekly 6 gallons of milk. Again, they were wonderful. As we were walking, we met a mom who has 15-year-old triplets. We exchanged pleasantries for a while. The whole time the boys were all smiles and friendliness. They then chowed down on the samples! Isn’t that the best thing about Costco? They tried an energy drink, peanut clusters, chocolate chip cookies, rice crisps and granola bars. They wanted to try some salad, but it looked messy and old. Again, we were proud and told them so.

When we got home, they had a bottle of milk and watched two Baby Einstein animal videos. They laughed hysterically at the puppy puppet on the Neighborhood Animals video. We ended the evening as we usually do with tunnel time and some books. Since they didn’t have an afternoon nap, they fell asleep almost instantly after their nighttime story. I really couldn’t have asked for a much better day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home