Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hooray for Sesame Street

I've always thought that Sesame Street was a great children's show, and I never agreed with the critics that said it was too fast paced. Think of the target audience, people! And now that I've stepped down from my small soap box, I let out a cheer for the show. Yesterday and today featured a story line that has Gina, a single woman, adopting a baby from Guatamala. She sang such a beautiful song this morning about being the baby's mommy now. After battling with infertility and wondering if adoption was going to be the way that we would have a family and after following the struggles of my online buddy, Shelly, the story touched me. Sesame Street has also begun to tiptoe around gay and lesbian families during Elmo's World. For that, I also applaud them. Three Cheers: Hip, Hip Hooray!Hip, Hip Hooray!Hip, Hip Hooray!

In other news, my parents and I took the boys to Popcorn Park Zoo yesterday. As they are now animal nuts, they had an even better time than they did in June when Bruce and I took them. Being a little older didn't hurt any either. Evan and Bobby fed popcorn to sheep, goats and deer. William decided it wasn't a good idea, but he loved sanitizing his hands along with his brothers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

I wholeheartedly agree! It was very refreshing to see this...and, at least on my end with Chris, it was very well received.

Sesame Street seems to be a groundbreaker show for all sorts of things... It's about time someone addresses these issues for our children in a way they can understand and learn from.

6:17 AM  
Blogger cat said...

I saw this episode too and was happy to see it on the air.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home