Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Monday, September 18, 2006

Gluttons for Punishment

I’m just starting off by saying this has been a very difficult week. Yes, I had full intentions of blogging about 9/11 (don’t worry I have comments), but then the boys and I got sick. We’ve been battling runny noses and slight coughs and fevers. They’ve also been teething again. Thank God Evan’s almost done. I shouldn’t complain about him or Bobby though. We never know they’re teething until an extra tooth shows up. Actually, I shouldn’t complain about any of the boys. They are really so good and so sweet most times. Even while uncomfortable, they’ve still been very loving and usually happy.

Now onto 9/11. Since most of you don’t know, my Aunt Donna was murdered on 9/11 along with the other 3000+ people. I loved her almost as another mother. She was a wonderful aunt, a good friend, and a fellow Maniloonatic. I’ve had my share of guilt and grief, and I have chosen to NOT be a part of most memorials because I have been victimized by the press. I have chosen to deal with my loss privately. That said, I am so tired of people ignoring my feelings and more tired of people asking questions like I have no feelings. Why would anyone ask anyone who has lost someone they loved deeply if body parts or pieces were ever located???????? Do I really appear to be that inhuman and unfeeling? No, this hasn’t happened once. After I have told people that my Aunt Donna was murdered in the attacks and after I have mentioned my deep connection with her, several people have asked about pieces or parts! I am insensed. For the curious, no they have never recovered pieces or parts. We have chosen to believe that she was at or near her desk when the plane hit in that general area. We choose to believe that her death was instantaneous and have fairly good reason to.

On a more positive note, I will never forget the kindness of all the Red Cross volunteers I came in contact with both shortly after the attack and several months later at the Family Assistance Center. They were amazing to say the least. I will also never forget the outpouring of love sent electronically from around the world (with a special remembrance for an email sent from Turkey offering hope that a victim could be found alive after more than a week). Also, a special Thank You to Don who literally picked me up off the floor when we heard the Towers fall in his office listening to Imus. And, I cannot forget Modeldad (Steve) for offering a home if I needed to get away. For those of you who were with us that night and the following days and all of you who to our surprise crowded the funeral home, you will be in my heart always.

Okay. I’m done. Back to baby stuff. Bobby is now a whopping 20 pounds, 1 ounce. William is 22 pounds, 3 ounces. Evan is 23 pounds, 8 ounces. They are doing very well. The pediatrician is very happy with their growth and progress. We have decided to take the boys back to see Thomas tomorrow. They loved their ride last time, so I’m sure it’ll be fun again! Tune in again on Wednesday for the Thomas the Tank Engine update!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

I had no idea you have lost someone so dear in the attacks on 9/11. My heart goes out to you... So many kind people gave so much to help the victims and their families - and, of course, there were many that came out to just feed off of the hurt (bastards).

A friend of DH's from high school (who I also knew well, since DH and I dated all through high school) was killed in the attacks too...and his funeral service was one of the hardest services to go to in my life. He was a very sweet guy, and like you, his parents (who are really his adoptive parents) did not want to ever know if any "pieces" of him were found. They wanted him to be remembered as who he WAS, not who was in a "box" to be burried, if that makes sense.

I am glad you posted how you feel... I wish you peace as you continue to remember your aunt.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home