Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day

In honor of yesterday, Labor Day for future viewers, I began to think of the labors of Motherhood. Many of our jobs are done uncomplaining and full of love (like reading the same book over and over and over). But motherhood has done some things to me on top of doing things for me (like bringing me the immense joy of having the boys and getting their hugs and kisses). Motherhood has really screwed me up!

Sure, from time-to-time I would get teary at a sad part of a movie or show. Now if a puppy so much as appears on the screen I’m in desperate need of a tissue box! I was so moved by a young boy on the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon that I couldn’t even see the screen any more! However, figuring that you might expect that level of emotion because such a precious child has such a debilitating disease, I’ll go on. I cry when they hug or kiss each other. I cry when they are nice to each other. I cry when I even think of their little faces when we take them to Disney World the first time! We haven’t even planned a trip!! I was near hysterics when we took them to see Thomas in June seeing them see Thomas. Not only am I teary, but I’ve lost my functional brain.

I used to have conversations with people that had absolutely nothing to do with babies. I could converse at length about Historic Preservation Laws and how they affect the siting of cellular antennas. I could give presentations on it or tutor the new people on the client side. There were even conference calls when I could take on a pretty intimidating lawyer. Now, nursery rhymes and toddler tv theme songs are in my head. I can discuss at length exactly why I thought Big Bird was selfish when he didn’t want Allen to go on vacation to Hawaii. I almost know the Doodlebop pledge. I tutor the boys’ Developmental Interventionist on Raffi riffs.

But, you know, I would not trade it for the world!

Well, maybe on the really cranky days I’d pay you to take them…….

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Awwww now don't make me tear up from reading your blog!!! LOL! I know I find myself singing 'The Wonder Pets' theme all the time and of course 'Dora the Explorer' everywhere I go.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home