Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rudeness Dignified

We live in a relatively upscale town. Our neighborhood is fairly low key and is working middle class-ish (although McMansions are creeping in). That said, there are some extremely very rich people in town.

Mom and I took the boys to a local market today famous for its apple cider donuts (YUM!). Mom was pushing the twin stroller and I had the single. A woman walked up to her and asked if they were twins. She told the woman that they were triplets. The response was, "Are they yours?" Mom was a visibly happy that someone thought she could be their mom. Actually, my Mom is young looking, and since women are having babies older now, it's not much of a stretch. I piped up that they were my sons. The woman looked at me and fumbled, "How did you.... Uh, are they...uh...Are they...uh...Was it....ummmm?" Even though I swore I would answer back smartly the next time, I felt bad for her. I told her we were blessed with our boys through IVF, quickly ended the conversation and walked away.

What in the hell is it with people?!?!?!?! Not even Mom is safe from rudeness that generally abounds. With her standing right next to me, people will ask if I have "any help at all." Ack! I'm now in the process of trying to come up with smart ass answers for these people! A Canadian friend with triplets has suggested a response of, "Do you masterbate?" when people ask if the boys are natural followed up with, "Because that's how personal what you are asking is." I'm thinking this would kill my mother. So, for her sake, I'm ready with, "No, they are a poly cottom blend."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Well I sure know what rudeness in public is like, and it's so annoying and sickening. I think the masterbation comment is hillarious though!!!! It's none of their business how they were conceived. I was in the store once buying gifts for twins and a lady behind me said she knows so many ladies having twins these days. I just replied "yea" as I looked away because well I was busy with checking out and ME, she went on to say that it must be because so many women are doing stuff for infertility. What was the purpose there?? ARGH!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home