Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

Humping

When I was in college, I had a sociology class with a crazy professor. He would only refer to people by their last names (I had the honor of the title Miss before my last name because there was an unrelated Mister in the class and because the professor said that assigning us numbers as in Smith 1 & 2 could give one of us a complex). He also told us that the people sitting in the first row would get A’s, the second row B’s, the third row C’s, and not to sit beyond the third row. The Mister sat way in the back, I sat in the front and got an A, I can only imagine… This crazy professor taught us that there are rules to social interaction. The one rule he never taught us was that a wife should never go about humping her husband’s friends.

Now that I’ve gotten your complete attention…. I came to the realization today that I don’t get to socialize enough. We stopped at the hobby shop Bruce works at every other Saturday to drop off some books for our friend/the owner’s son. As Bruce was inside, I noticed two familiar faces (who I will call Mr. Noodle and Mr. Noodle’s brother, Mr. Noodle (or N1 & N2)). I adore the Brothers Noodle. They are simply just great guys! That said, when I saw them I practically leaped through the open car window. I couldn’t get the door open fast enough. I was like a dog that gets excited to see people and stopped just short of humping their legs. And, I sadly admit, I probably had that same crazed look in my eyes as said dog.

Here I am, 20 months into the boys’ lives and I’m back to being like a dog again. When I was pregnant with them, I often said I felt like a dog given my heightened sense of smell. It was the strangest thing having my nose lead me around. More than once it lead me to strangers tables at a restaurant. Now, here I am leaping out of windows just for a few moments of conversation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

LOL!! That's some analogy. But seriously, I can imagine how hard it must be. I hope you get to socialize a bit more with some adults.
Glad all is well otherwise, sorry I have been MIA, but ya know how it is- being busy and all.
Take care!

7:27 PM  
Blogger ilyse said...

LOL Like Jessia said, that is some analogy. I am not at that point yet, in the need for adult conversation but I will understand soon enough when I can get my little ones home from the NICU.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home