Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Friday, April 13, 2007

In Protest!

I Protest!

I’m incensed by the firing of Don Imus! I’ve listened to him off and on since 1999. Meaning that I’ve listened on the way to work with Bruce mostly. I clearly remember that horrible September day when my world was thrown into chaos running to a friend’s office just because I knew he’d be listening to Imus. I wanted to hear the real news, and I turned to Imus and his crew for just that.

Anyway, I will say that what he said about the team was off-color, and I understand that it was offensive to them. But I see no reason why it cost the man, who does wonderful things for people (children with cancer and disabled soldiers most notably), his job. What in the hell happened to free speech? Nowhere is anyone of us guaranteed the right to not be offended. Most of us are blessed with the ability to shut off or change offensive programming.

Who among the sensible is not offended by the themes of cop killing and raping and general degradation of women found in a lot of the “gangsta” rap genre? Yet, these men are not fired from their jobs, instead they are made millionaires and have horrifically become heroes to some people! Still, I believe in their right to speak. Let us not forget the hate mongers. I do not believe in espousing hate of any race. I DO find it offensive when the color of a person’s skin allows them to spew their hate more freely than another person, but, again, I defend their right to speak. Unfortunately, Mr. Imus has become a “sacrificial lamb” (as stated by several newspeople). I sincerely hope he finds employment on the air soon and is able to be joined by his teammates.

I will now jump down off of my soapbox, and add in that we will be listing our home tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll be in Florida shortly. Oh, and an added yay to Disney for allowing commitment ceremonies on their properties!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home