Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Friday, March 16, 2007

Last Day of Magic

Day 8
It was our last day in Disney. I had arranged for a character breakfast in Animal Kingdom at Donald’s Breakfastosaurus. How could we not go back to Animal Kingdom? They had been talking non-stop about the “trucks” and the animals we saw. So, we got there a little later than we meant to and had to wait on the entrance line instead of going in through the breakfast line. We were going to be late! Ack!

We got through the gate, and the old me kicked in. We were about to do a “Speed Animal Kingdom” tour!! Of course, it would have been nice if Bruce had told me he had no idea where we were going, because I sent him ahead as he was in front of me on the line. It led to me getting aggravated BIG TIME. Then, we got caught at one of the in-famous not open yet ropes. Fortunately, we told a cast member we had breakfast reservations and got through. I raced ahead and checked us in. When I got back to Bruce and the boys, we got them together and got our family picture taken. It turned out to be the first even okay picture of our little family.

Once inside, we were pleasantly surprised by a blast from our past visitor. Pat, from RWJ Hospital, came by to say hello!! She was one of the head nurses while the boys were there and was a real sweetie. As she visited, our waitress announced that we would be singing Happy Birthday to the boys, so she stayed a few moments longer to sing with us. It seemed only natural since she was there on their actual birth day. It ended up being a really crazed meal, and the characters were not as wonderful as the day before at Crystal Palace. We left a little disappointed and not very full. I did, however, manage to grab a few mini muffins for later on.

We went on merrily back on the safari and along the wilderness trails. After the boys had a nap, we headed back to the Magic Kingdom for two last rides on Small World and the Jungle Cruise. At some point as we were walking right near the Castle, I heard an announcement that families were about to be selected by the Castle for a parade. I was shameless. I got us into that parade! We met a nice young lady who instructed us and another family on waving banners and waving at the crowd. She also gave us directions for dancing in the grand finale at City Hall! The boys were given little American flags to wave in their strollers. It was amazing!! I waved, I danced, I choked back a little tear. Then, when we got to City Hall, I silently gave thanks to my grammar school music teacher, Mrs. Quish, for teaching me the great patriotic songs and belted out every last word! My father later asked if it cleared the park. There’s a critic in every bunch, I guess. I only wish there were pictures.

Sadly, our trip had come to an end. We left the park-somewhat appropriately-as the evening fireworks began. I promised the boys through near tears that we would be back soon. We had such a nice trip, and I was sorry to see it end. We left the next morning and headed for a mostly uneventful trip home (except for our last day when two of our little munchkins came down with a tummy flu).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home