Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Sunday, February 25, 2007

They're 2!

Happy Belated Birthday, Babies!!
Evan, Bobby and William (or Willmy as he is affectionately known) have gone and turned two years old on us! The day was indeed bittersweet. They have grown so much and learned so much that it makes all the bumps in the road to have them worth it. As Shelli mentioned in her blog not long ago, the joy of her adopted daughter has almost made her forget the pain of infertility. In my case, I have not only almost forgotten that agony (among other feelings), but I have also gotten past how scared and isolated I felt while my babies were in the NICU.

Having to ask permission to hold my babies and sometimes being told that I couldn’t was ridiculous to me. There were times when they cried and I knew they needed me, and I could do nothing but cry over their incubators with them. There were times when I was there by myself not allowing myself to leave the unit for any reason just in case something happened. I remember being there during rounds and interjecting to make sure that they had the boys taking the necessary hurdles to come home. Then the awful moments when Bobby caught the bacterial infection…. Bruce never felt that we could lose him, but I trembled and looked for my fellow NICU mommies-one of whom I had comforted just the day before when her baby turned critical. But then, we started taking them home and the excitement began. It’s been exciting ever since and I don’t expect that it’ll end any time soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Happy birthday Will, Evan, and Bobbie!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY Will, Evan & Bobbie! WOW I can't believe so much time has passed.
We'll never forget how far we've come from the emotional state that the ICU life left us in. Sometimes when we give our children that extra little squeeze when we hug them, that's why. From infertility to the uncertainty of their first months of life... they can never say they weren't wanted, loved or appreciated.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home