Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Think I'm Turning Japanese

Yesterday, my Mom and I made a vain attempt to take the boys to have their 18-month-old pictures taken. JC Penny’s was too crowded (and I previously vowed to never, ever go back to them for pictures again). Picture People, which take the best pictures of the boys, told me their next appointment was at four. It was almost noon and the studio was EMPTY. Grrrrrr! So, we walked around a bit trying to figure what to eat. When we got to the food court, I suggested grabbing a few free samples. We stopped at the Japanese place handing out samples of chicken teriyaki. The boys gobbled it down, and William was demanding by signing and speaking “more.”

My parents and I have always loved Japanese food. Bruce is so-so about it. Plus, the Atkins diet isn’t ideal for hibachi (he doesn’t eat sushi either). Mom thought the boys would find it fun to watch the chef make their lunch. I was worried they would be frightened by both the man and the noise.

Unfortunately, I was right. Still, we got through it. Thank God he didn’t have the lighter to make the onion volcano! The boys enjoyed the food all in all. Bobby enjoyed grabbing rice and veggies from my plate. They all ate some salad, shrimp, chicken, steak, lo mein, fried rice and veggies. Will and Bob had some of my soup until William spilled the bowl on me. I was grateful that it wasn’t still boiling. Evan enjoyed watching food hit the floor.

Well, you live and you learn and then you eat a very fast Japanese lunch!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

You are way more adventurous with the boys than I am with Chris! Chris would probably like the volcano thing now...but at 18 months, forget it! He would have cried.

Good for you for attempting it...sounds like the boys did really well.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home