Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 2

Day 2
We were now in a time crunch. We needed to at least make it to Georgia today. Bruce and I planned to leave the hotel by 7 to get on the road so we could stop at around 3:30 again. HA Again!

Bruce went to load up the van while I tried to calm the savage beasts. He came back just as I was about to call out the Guard. He announced that our tire was completely flat and would need to be repaired. Ack! So much for 7 am! The front desk gave us directions to the nearest car dealership. They opened at 8, but by that time it was almost 8 anyway. I got out of the car to try to get help a few minutes early. I put on my most desperate woman face and pushed it up against the glass door. From behind me, an employee came along and pushed open said door (our van clock was slow). The service manager nicely pointed us across the road to a tire repair shop.

Once more, I got out of the car with the face this time adding worried mother to the mix. I wanted them to feel sorry for me. Hell, I felt sorry for myself! I began to mentally beat myself up for even considering this long trip. Luckily, after pulling out the “baby triplet” card, they got us right in. Bruce got out of the van to supervise (he worked in tire repair, too (I’m telling you he’s like freakin’ MacGyver)), and I climbed in to keep the boys calm. As the car was jacked up right under Will, he started to grin his famous Will grin. He didn’t even flinch when the air gun was used to remove the nuts (he’s noise sensitive)! Go Will! I got out of the car to see what the damage would be, and I was shocked that it was only $10. We tipped the mechanic an extra 5 because he checked our other tires.

We had hoped to be baby movie free at least part of this leg of our trip, but Bobby was in such a foul mood that it was impossible to not put them on. Just imagine 8 hours of the same 3 twenty minute baby movies…. Mind numbing, isn’t it?

It appeared that we would make it to South of the Border by lunch. It was a little later than lunch time, but close enough. We went to Pedro’s Diner. A little less than stellar. After lunch we almost literally wrestled the boys into their harnesses so they could walk around a bit. One gift shop later we were wrestling them back into their carseats. Onto Georgia!

The boys fell asleep. No baby movies at last! Bruce and I got a little music and quiet. The two hours flew by. Baby movies were put back on. Finally, the Georgia Visitor’s Center. It was getting late. We were going to have to stop in Savannah. Eventually, we were booked at a very nice Hawthorne Suites (which I would very highly recommend). It was time to release the hounds! We ate a late Sonic dinner and called it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home