Life With Triplets

Life with Triplets is never boring. They conspire, grow and get into anything and everything! Luckily for them, they're cute.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Desparate Times...

The old addage is true, desparate times do call for desparate measures! Last night was quite possibly the end of my sanity rope, at least that's what I'm sure Evan thought! To be clear, I've been sick. My throat swelled almost completely shut for nearly two days and then I lost my voice. So, I'm not totally myself.
That said, when Bruce rushed William into our room and woke me up to take him, I was a little concerned. I croaked, "What's wrong?" "They're up!" was Bruce's reply (he later told me he was in a rush to prevent one of Evan's famous melt downs). William happily snuggled into me and fell fast asleep in moments. Mommy heaven!!
Nirvana was disrupted by sounds from the nursery. Evan! Bruce cringed. I stupidly volunteered to go in. I say stupidly because they NEVER go back to sleep for me. They seem to want to talk to me and be held instead of sleep. So, anyway I went in at 2:30 to hear Evan's now famous line- "Done." I tried to reason with him that he could not possibly be done sleeping at 2:30 and that it was still dark outside and therefore "sleepy" time. Note to self and other newer mommies: Logic does not work at 2:30 with toddlers.
Finally, I reasoned with myself that William was already coveting my side of our bed and that my only chance of real sleep was to-get ready for it-climb into the crib with Evan. Since the crib converts without any additional supports to a day bed and then full size bed, I further reasoned that climbing into said crib should not cause its eminent collapse sending us to the floor in a thud scarring Evan for life and waking Bobby up. So, I told him to move over and climbed on in!
Evan's eyes practically popped out of his head. My mother informed me later that it was his way of saying, "Oh shit! I've really done it this time! I've pushed Mommy right over the edge!" Luckily, I ended up not having to sleep in there. A mere hour and a half later, after Evan repeatedly telling me that red means stop, green means go and yellow means go fast, he fell back to sleep.
I returned to the bliss of our room where Bruce reported that he was uncomfortable because he had to pee. I told him to try sleeping in a crib. He laughed and said he wished he had a camera. I gave him an angry squirrel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh, you just have to love your kids! Peter's toddler bed was the same way (convertible) and I've spent many days sleeping next to him. Hope all is well and you get better soon.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oye doesn't sound like fun at all. Us mommy's deserve an award, especially you!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home